Enter Our Current Contest
NGPF Launches 3rd Annual Teacher Innovator Contest
Here are the deets:
- COMPLETE THIS FORM to submit details about your favorite personal finance lesson or activity that demonstrates an innovative approach to teaching a personal finance concept.
- Creation of an original lesson plan or activity with a personal finance focus
- Modification of an existing lesson or activity (e.g., creating an extension activity to challenge your high performers, finding additional resources to supplement your lesson/activity, creating a differentiated lesson/activity to meet the various learning styles of your students)
- Modification of an existing lesson or activity to meet the needs of a specific student population (e.g., English Language Learners (ELL), Individualized Learning Plans (ILP), Special Education)
Keep in mind: your submission should be replicable for other educators and not reliant on outside partnerships.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- Personal finance educators at high school or college level
- A $1,000 cash prize will be awarded to three teachers with the most innovative lesson or activity submitted (for a total of $3,000)
- Teaches the underlying concept
- Incorporates meaningful skills (e.g., analysis, collaboration, written/verbal communication, research, media literacy)
- Shows a high degree of creativity
- Easy to implement in the classroom by other teachers
- Engages students
- Yes, you may submit up to 2 lessons or activities for consideration, but you can only win ONE cash prize
- All submissions are due by Wednesday, April 26th, 2017
- Winners will be announced in early May
- NGPF will honor the Teacher Innovator Award recipients in a press release which will be broadcast via Twitter, Facebook, the NGPF Blog and through an NGPF email
- Teacher Innovator Award recipients may also appear on the NGPF Podcast to discuss their winning entries