Curriculum Designer - Math
Curriculum Designer [Math]
FULL TIME | REMOTE OK
Founded in 2014, Next Gen Personal Finance (NGPF) is the leader in the K-12 personal finance space with more than 40,000 middle and high school teachers who rely on NGPF’s engaging, hands-on personal finance curriculum and professional development sessions.
We’re on a mission to ensure that all students cross their high school graduation stage having taken a personal finance class by 2030 [Mission 2030]. We want to move from a society where adults often say “this is a class that I wish I had” to one where they say “that’s a class that I’m glad that I had.”
To achieve this goal, we create free middle school and high school curriculum, offer free teacher professional development workshops, and lead advocacy efforts to increase student access to personal finance education. When asked to describe NGPF curriculum, teachers often answer “current”, “fun” and “organized.” The curriculum team members are integral to the success of the organization!
We are looking for a passionate and energetic professional to expand our personal finance curriculum and resources to meet the needs of math teachers.
Next Gen Personal Finance is based out of Palo Alto, California. This role can be based anywhere in the United States.
- Design lessons, activities, and other resources that integrate high school math and personal finance content
- Work alongside curriculum team to continuously refine and update NGPF curriculum offerings
- Utilize NGPF curriculum structure to produce usable and creative math lessons and activities
- Pay attention to and regularly incorporate teacher feedback into curriculum
- Use-data driven approaches to make recommendations on how to improve our curriculum offerings
- Plan, organize, and deliver weekly Virtual Professional Development sessions around math resources for personal finance educators
- Provide support to teachers who may need assistance with or have questions about NGPF curriculum
- Perform as-needed tasks which contribute to the achievement of organizational goals
- 3+ years of either middle school or high school math classroom teaching experience
- Strong understanding of math concepts within personal finance
- Ability to weave real-life finance applications into math curriculum
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback on written work
- Excellent grammar and writing skills, including proofreading
- In addition to teaching math, experience teaching business, economics, or personal finance preferred but not required
- Ability to include culturally responsive ideas and questions when designing resources
- Mission-oriented with desire to increase access to personal financial education for all
- Proven ability to work successfully and autonomously in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Highly organized with great attention to detail
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Master’s degree preferred
Benefits & Compensation
NGPF provides compensation packages that range in the top 10% for non-profits. Some of our benefits include a competitive salary, team bonus program, 401(k) matching contributions, donation matching program, and health care stipend.
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please answer:
- Why are you interested in joining NGPF?
- What do you love most about creating resources for use in your classes?
NGPF is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.