2018 Financial Literacy Conference: Empowerment Through Personal Finance (OR)
Oct 12, 2018
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Join NGPF as we present at the 2018 Financial Literacy Conference, which will be held on the statewide in-service day, October 12th, 2018, at Canby High School from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. The conference will provide tools, resources, and information for educators, community members, administrators, and community-based organizations on empowering communities through personal finance. They have also secured Tobias Read, the State of Oregon Treasurer, as this year's Keynote Speaker!
They have secured some amazing speakers and sessions for this year's conference.
Some of the sessions you can expect to see are:
- Women & Financial Empowerment
- Lessons from Financial Therapy
- Equity, Inclusion, & Financial Empowerment
- The Student's Toolkit for Building Financial Success
- Financial Planning 101
- Train the Trainer: Budgeting - How to Create a Budget AND How to Teach Others How to Budget
- Skip The Google Search - Find Financial Education Resources Faster!
- Alternative Paths to Career and Financial Independence: Apprenticeships, Trade Schools, and More!
- Panel on the Oregon Savings Network Resources - Oregon ABLE, Oregon Saves, and the Oregon College Savings Plan
- Essential Investing Habits: Make Them Automatic (All attendees to this session will receive a free copy of the book "The Automatic Millionare" by David Bach)
- Financial Empowerment for the Latinx Community
- Making Insurance Literacy Fun: Easy to Play, Easy to Learn Games for All Ages about Auto Insurance
- Conflicting Goals and the Need for Consistency: What happens when our everyday actions are not consistent with our long-term goals?
Who Should Come?
- Nonprofit Employees
- Public Service/Government Employees
- School Administrators/Counselors
- Community Members
- Educators will receive 6 PDU's with attendance.
- We provide scholarships for those who cannot afford registration fees; please email Priscilla Wagner, email@example.com for more information.