Get your PAYBACK
The Payback Challenge is NGPF's annual scholarship contest that gives students a chance to win a $2500 Grand Prize for their educational pursuits while developing an understanding of what college life will be like.
Read the contest rules and regulations at the bottom of the page on participation eligibility. If you are a FEE Grant recipient, there are entry minimums; see below for details. Submissions are due November 16, 2022.
How to enter:
Collect your Students' Responses and Nominate ONE Student Entry for the Payback Challenge Scholarship.
One Teacher = One submission.
Use the 2022 Submission Form to submit your top nomination! If you have more than one great essay, you can have any other teacher in your school submit it on your student's behalf. Please forward this opportunity to other high school teachers, too!
ABOUT FEE GRANT RECIPIENTS
As part of NGPF’s commitment to equity, all school districts that have been awarded a Financial Empowerment & Equity (FEE) Grant will be included in a pool of applicants from their same district for 2 chances to win $1,000 Honorable Mention grants. These will only open after ALL applicants have been considered for the National Grand Prize Awards first. 15 submissions minimum will be required for FEE Grant Awards to be offered.
FEE GRANT DISTRICTS ARE:
- Denver Public Schools (CO)
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools (FL)
- Fulton County Schools (GA)
- Prince George's County Public Schools (MD)
- Detroit Public Schools Community District (MI)
- Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools (NC)
- Guilford County Schools (NC)
- Clark County School District (NV)
- New York City Public Schools (NY)
- School District of Philadelphia (PA)
- Milwaukee School District (WI)