Question of the Day: How many people use LinkedIn worldwide?
Answer: 783 million users worldwide
- What is LinkedIn and how can it help you with the job search?
- Why is it important to note how many professionals are online using LinkedIn?
- Networking and searching for a job have changed over time. How do you think technology will continue to affect your career journey?
Behind the numbers (Sprout Social):
LinkedIn demographics and usage
- # of total users: 738 million
- Largest age group: 46-55
- Gender: 51% male, 49% female
- 63% of LinkedIn users access the network monthly, and 22% weekly.
- Conventional wisdom might say that LinkedIn exclusively caters to an older audience, but millennials make up about one-fourth of the platform.
- Over 70% of LinkedIn users live outside of the U.S., presenting opportunities for businesses and brands looking to grow their international audience.
Want a LinkedIn activity to use with your students (even if they are under 16)? Check out the NGPF Activity CREATE: A LinkedIn Profile
Attend NGPF Professional Developments and earn Academy Credits on your own time! Check out NGPF On-Demand modules!
About the Author
After graduating from UCLA with a Master's in Education, Mason spent 5 years as a science educator in a South Los Angeles public high school. He is committed to supporting the holistic growth of all students and empowering them to live a life of relational, academic, and financial success. Now settled in the Bay Area, Mason enjoys facilitating professional developments and partnering with educators as they prepare students for a bright financial future. When Mason is not building curriculum or planning a training, he can be found cycling, trying new foods, and exploring the outdoors.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account