You know why. Here's how in 5 proven steps.
Find your step in the Mission 2030 timeline, and start expanding access to life-changing financial education.
WEAVE PERSONAL FINANCE INTO RELATED COURSES
If a standalone Personal Finance course is not already in place at your school, start your Mission 2030 journey by embedding personal finance lessons into existing courses.
MISSION 2025 GRANTS FOR NEW PERSONAL FINANCE ELECTIVES
With FREE Curriculum and Teacher PD, the NGPF community has removed many of the barriers to establishing a new personal finance elective.
You have the tools. You have the power. Now you have a $1,000 monetary incentive for your school to make this change happen for the 1 in 3 U.S. high schoolers who do not have access to a standalone personal finance course today.
Launch a new personal finance elective, earn $1,000 in grant funds for your school. Funds are issued to the first 1,000 high schools to make this crucial change.SEE DETAILS & APPLY
WHY FOCUS ON REGISTRATION?
As your course becomes more popular, your argument for why ALL students should be guaranteed to take personal finance becomes easier. Supercharge your course's growth.
- Give students an extra credit Public Service Announcement Poster Project in which their goal is to encourage their peers to enroll in personal finance.
- Invite recent graduates to your class as guest speakers to talk about how lessons and skills they learned in your class have impacted them in the real world.
ENGAGE MULTIPLE GENERATIONS
- Customize NGPF’s Parent Newsletter Templates to encourage multi-generational conversations about personal finance in your community.
- Deliver a personal finance parent workshop for your students and their loved ones. Use NGPF’s parent event planning template to get started.
BUILD THE COMMUNITY BUZZ
- Elect a handful of organized student leaders to distribute NGPF’s Universal Financial Education Survey to as many peers, parents, local business leaders, recent graduates, and other important stakeholders as possible. This will give you valuable testimonials you can use to persuade more students to enroll in your course.
- Issue your copy of NGPF’s End-of-Course Survey Template to students. Use what you learn to improve instruction and promote your course further.
THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX
- Help students launch a Personal Finance Club or Investing Club to keep the learning going outside the classroom.
- Create a student volunteer group that teaches after-school programs for Middle School students in personal finance concepts.
GOLD STANDARD CHALLENGE GRANTS
Earn up to $10k for your school or $30k for your district from NGPF’s Gold Standard Challenge Grant Program when you adopt a standalone personal finance course that all students take before graduation.
Grant application window closes August 31, 2022.SEE DETAILS & APPLY
DON'T REINVENT THE WHEEL
Thousands of teachers have convinced their schools to make personal finance a graduation requirement. Use what they’ve learned to save time and make your case even more effective: