Interactive: Reading a Pay Stub
This interactive helps students understand their paystubs. It's simple, engaging, and can be used in a wide variety of classrooms. Here are a few ways students will engage with the interactive:
- Drag and drop activity using common paystub items and abbreviations.
- Analyze and interpret pay stubs.
- Calculate various prompts using pay stubs.
Here are some discussion starters and activities you can use to follow up using the interactive:
- Why do you think businesses are responsible for subtracting payroll deductions instead of workers? [FinCap Friday: That's Gross!]
- Where do the tax dollars from your paystubs go? [Lesson: Taxes and Your Paystub]
- How do employers know how much to withhold in taxes from your paycheck? [Fine Print: W-4 Form]
Hey, Teachers! Get the most of NGPF's FREE financial education classroom resources with a FREE Teacher Account! Once verified, your Teacher Account unlocks Answer Keys, plus gift cards and swag at NGPF PDs!