Recognizing NGPF Certification Course Gurus; Last Week to Sign Up for Next Cohort of Certification Courses
There are still a few days left to register to be part of a Cohort 6 Certification Course!
NGPF Certification Courses focus on deepening your content knowledge and increasing confidence as you head back to your (virtual) classroom. The courses align with NGPF courses and utilize active learning strategies where you will be reading articles, completing engaging activities, and collaborating with fellow educators. Courses are 10 hours in duration consisting of 2 hour sessions that occur on the same weekday and time over a 5 week period.
Courses currently available include:
Insurance (2:30-4:30pm PT / 5:30-7:30pm ET)
Credit (1-3pm PT / 4-6pm ET)
Insurance (1-3pm PT / 4-6pm ET)
Banking & Budgeting (4-6pm PT / 7-9pm ET)
Credit (4-6pm PT / 7-9pm ET)
Since launching in June (just three months ago!), teachers earned 2124 Certifications! How awesome is that! They deepened their content knowledge in 6 content areas: Banking and Budgeting, Credit, Paying for College, Taxes, Investing and Advanced Investing.
Here’s what educators told us they enjoyed about the courses:
- Very informative and engaging. Love learning new ideas and concepts for myself and for my students! My breakout rooms were awesome.
- GREAT course! Loved the content, resources, breakout rooms, etc! Thank you for sharing/highlighting so many great activities that I can't wait to use in the classroom next year!
- This was a great model of online teaching and learning, and was super helpful. Thanks!
Congratulations to the following 26 teachers who have earned all 6 NGPF certifications:
- Areerat Lertchaipitak, Olivert College (MI)
- Brenda Crosetto, Warwick High School (PA)
- Carin Zinter, Holyoke Community College (MA)
- Carine Fenelus, Abraham Clark High School (NJ)
- Cat Cranmer, Wellington Middle School (KS)
- Chelli Cranmer, Andover High School (KS)
- Dawn Kosko, Absegami High School (NJ)
- Diane Mondoro, Livingston High School (NJ)
- Godfrey Aguwa Jr., Dollar & Cents University (MI)
- Heidi Robison, King George High School (VA)
- Joe Sebastian, Liberty Charter High School (CA)
- Kelleen Weatherman, Colville School District (WA)
- Kent Fisher, Highlands Community Charter School (CA)
- Kimberly Greenlee, Cranberry Area Junior-Senior High School (PA)
- Lori Hansen, Abington Senior High School (PA)
- Louise Ollano, El Cerrito High School (CA)
- Melissa Gordon, Huron High School (MI)
- Patricia Orlando, School of Business, Technology, Marketing & Finance (NJ)
- Roahmin Murphy, Freelance Personal Finance (CA)
- Richard Reichart, Reading High School (PA)
- Sherri Hendrickson, Monroe High School (WI)
- Sue Suttich, Tigard High School (OR)
- Susan Comparato, Swampscott High School (MA)
- Tanya Battista, International Institute of Minnesota (MN)
- Treve Bonser, The Davidson Academy of Nevada (NV)
- Varun Gupta, Wharton County Junior College (TX)
Check out the NGPF Certification webpage to learn more about the courses.
About the Author
After graduating with an education degree and spending 7 years in an elementary classroom, Laura made the switch to the non-profit world and loves interacting with students, educators and business professionals across the country. She is passionate about all students having access to high quality education and views personal finance education as one way to ‘level the playing field’. When Laura is not locating or creating high quality educational resources, you can find her mountain biking or searching for the best ramen in town!
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account