Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (March 8-11)
We have a full slate of LIVE professional development opportunities this week for teachers!
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights, and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
- "I liked the facilitator modeling ways to teach virtually as well as suggestions from other motivated teachers!"
Do you know about the NGPF Gold Standard Challenge? Earn a chance to earn a $10k grant for your school or up to a $30k grant for your district when you adopt the Gold Standard! Learn more about the grant at Christian's PD, Advocacy: $10k-$30k Gold Standard Grants!
Virtual Professional Development LIVE!: a one-hour* hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration. Watch the video explainer here.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
- Teaching Remotely: Managing Credit led by Brian at 1pm Pacific Time
- Advocacy: $10k-$30k Gold Standard Grants led by Christian at 2pm Pacific Time
- Creative Instruction: Money Memes led by Yanely at 3pm Pacific Time
- Nearpod for Beginners led by Tori at 4pm Pacific Time
- Paying For College Toolkit: A Student’s Guide To Success led by Amanda at 1pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Remotely: Arcade Games led by Mason at 2pm Pacific Time
- Tech Tools: Quizizz led by Amanda at 3pm Pacific Time
- 5 in 50: Saving led by Amanda at 1pm Pacific Time
- Mini Unit Exploration: Entrepreneurship led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Personal Finance on Social Media: Highlighting Women led by Yanely at 3pm Pacific Time
- Special Education Resource Share led by Brian at 4pm Pacific Time
- Teen Centered Behavioral Economics led by Brian at 5pm Pacific Time
- Beginner Series: Navigating NGPF Website led by Christian at 1pm Pacific Time
- (1.5 Hours) Brush Up On: Trade Schools, Apprenticeships, & Internships led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Nearpod: Intermediate Users led by Tori at 3pm Pacific Time
- Trends In Personal Finance led by Tim at 3pm Pacific Time
- NGPF Speaker Series: Sandra Oliveira and Jonathan Edwards led by Yanely at 4pm Pacific Time
- Behavioral Finance: In Action led by Christian at 5pm Pacific Time
We also have some State-Specific PD coming up this week (please sign up only if you teach in the state listed):
- Colorado: 5 NGPF Resources in 50 Minutes on Wednesday at 4pm Mountain Time
- Idaho: Teaching Through Arcade Games at 4pm Mountain Time
- Maryland: Basics of Bitcoin on Thursday at 4pm Eastern Time
- Ohio: 5 NGPF Resources in 50 Minutes on Thursday at 4pm Eastern Time
* - All of our VPDs are one-hour long except those that are marked as (1.5 Hours). Attendees of 1.5-hour sessions will receive 1.5 Academy credit
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account