Infographic: What's Your Holiday Spending Habits?
Ok, I know that it isn’t even Thanksgiving yet and may seem a bit early for this, but I know the planners out there want to be armed with holiday-themed content! From NerdWallet’s 2016 Consumer Holiday Spending Report:
Questions for students:
- How do you plan to pay for your holiday gifts? Debit, cash or credit?
- Will you create a budget to plan your spending?
- What’s the best gift you have ever received? How much did the cost of the item make it special vs. the thoughtfulness of it?
- Do you plan to spend more or less than you spent last year? What accounts for the change?
- Would you consider yourself an impulsive spender? What is an example of something you bought on impulse? Did you regret it later?
Check out this fun NGPF Activity: Plan a Friendsgiving Dinner!
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account