Short Investing Videos As Discussion Starters
- Millenials investing for retirement the wrong way (USA Today)
- Why is cash the wrong place to invest for retirement?
- Want to sell your future earnings potential (an investment in yourself) in return for current cash (sky1)
- Would you consider this arrangement? Why or why not?
- Retired basketball star Kobe Bryant launching a venture capital firm (CNBC)
- What is venture capital?
- Do you think he will succeed? Why or why not?
- New company launched to help close the gender “investing gap” (CNN)
- How is the company catering to women?
- Why is closing the gender “investing gap” so important?
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.