QoD: Can you identify the brands associated with these marketing slogans?
We are exposed to brands and slogans on a continual basis in our lives. See how many of these brands associated with these marketing slogans that your students can come up with.
Can you identify the brands with these popular marketing slogans that are anagramed? (Idea from Morning Brew, fun time creating my own)
Example: Please don't squeeze the RICH MAN --> CHARMIN
- America runs on KIN DUN
- Just DOT I
- Breakfast of MACHO PINS
- Melts in your mouth, not in ROUND HAY
- Dunkin' Donuts: America runs on Dunkin'
- Nike: Just Do It
- Wheaties: Breakfast of Champions
- M&Ms: Melts in your mouth, not in your hand
- What are 2-3 marketing jingles or slogans that are most memorable to you?
- Why are they memorable to you?
- What do you think is the purpose of a marketing slogan? Do you think the ones you mentioned are effective? Explain.
Have your students analyze marketing campaigns in this NGPF Activity, Analyze: Advertising Campaigns
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account