QoD: Can you identify the brands associated with these marketing slogans?
We are exposed to brands and slogans on a continual basis in our lives. See how many of these brands associated with these marketing slogans that your students can come up with.
Can you identify the brands with these popular marketing slogans that are anagramed? (Idea from Morning Brew, fun time creating my own)
Example: Please don't squeeze the RICH MAN --> CHARMIN
- America runs on KIN DUN
- Just DOT I
- Breakfast of MACHO PINS
- Melts in your mouth, not in ROUND HAY
- Dunkin' Donuts: America runs on Dunkin'
- Nike: Just Do It
- Wheaties: Breakfast of Champions
- M&Ms: Melts in your mouth, not in your hand
- What are 2-3 marketing jingles or slogans that are most memorable to you?
- Why are they memorable to you?
- What do you think is the purpose of a marketing slogan? Do you think the ones you mentioned are effective? Explain.
Have your students analyze marketing campaigns in this NGPF Activity, Analyze: Advertising Campaigns