Question of the Day: YouTube, Cable or Netflix: Where are teens spending most of their time?
Answer (from Piper Jaffrey study): Netflix.
- Which of the three platforms do you spend the most time watching?
- How many of the three platforms do you use on a regular basis?
- How would you explain the differences between the three platforms to someone who had never used them before?
- From a cost perspective, which of the three do you think is the highest cost? lowest cost?
- How do you think this chart will look in five years?
Here's the ready-to-go slides for this Question of the Day that you can use in your classroom.
Here's a great interactive to help your students understand how much income they will need to support their lifestyle: CALCULATE: How Much Will My Lifestyle Cost?
NGPF has just started a new service: The Daily QuoD (that's Question of the Day in NGPF-speak!). Subscribe to our blog (right hand side of NGPF Blog homepage) and you will receive a new QuoD every weekday during the school ready to use in your classroom. Enjoy!
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account