Chart of the Week: Social Media and Halloween Spending
Courtesy of National Retail Federation:
- Write a one sentence summary for this chart.
- Finish this sentence: Since 2015, social media has had a ________________ impact on Halloween purchases.
- Which social media platform has seen the largest increase since 2015? Do you think this will continue?
- The data in the chart came from surveying adults. Complete a chart like this for 2019 based on responses from classmates.
- How did social media influence any purchases you may have made for Halloween?
Our Data Crunch resource is a great way to help your students interpret and analyze data that has a financial angle to it.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account