Infographic: How Do Americans Get Health Insurance?
From Visual Capitalist:
- How do most people get their health insurance? Indicate the percentage of people that fit into that category?
- What percentage of the population is currently uninsured?
- What do you think are the risks of being uninsured?
- Do a quick Google search and explain what Medicaid and Medicare are.
- Do you think that people who receive their health insurance through their employer have to pay any money out-of-pocket for their medical expenses?
Looking for more on health insurance? Here’s an NGPF Budgeting Lesson, Your Health: Insurance and Other Costs
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account