Black Friday 2021 Reading List
If you are not busy shopping, watching football or sleeping off all the Thanksgiving day food, here are a few articles to keep you occupied.
- Morningstar discusses whether gamification is good or bad for investors.
- This is a good discussion of the place for stocks and bonds in today’s world (and your portfolio.) (NYT)
- Are GE and J&J just the beginning of the end or marking the end of conglomerates. (NPR)
- Can you invest in index funds and avoid Chinese stocks? (CNN)
- Here is an interesting read about Serena Williams and her enormous impact as a venture capitalist. (Worth)
- Big news about the Fed came early this week. Powell renominated for Chair, and Brainard nominated to be Vice Chair. (CNBC) For more in-depth discussion try (Vox) or (MarketWatch)
- Economist David Rosenberg is interviews by The Market about his expectation for continuing inflation and interest rates in the coming year or two.
- If mandates are not working, try economic incentive to get people vaccinated. Employers are charging higher health insurance premiums for those who aren’t vaccinated. (NPR)
- Which groups will be next to receive relief from the government? (Forbes)
- What are retailers expecting for this second Black Friday of the pandemic? AP
- Has inflation finally hit Dollar Tree? Will they change their name to ‘dollar and a quarter” tree? (MarketWatch)