Cartoons: A (Not So) Humorous Look at Student Loans
They say there is a little truth in all humor...
- What is the consistent theme running through all the comics?
- How do you think student debt is affecting borrowers post-college lives?
- Do a Google search to research online if there is evidence that student loans impact:
- Big-ticket purchases (e.g., auto loans)
- Living arrangements (independent vs. living at home)
- What are strategies you can use to prevent student loans from having such a dramatic impact on your life post-college?
Looking for more cartoons? Check out more examples on the NGPF Blog.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account