Top 10 Posts on NGPF Blog for 2017-18 School Year
The NGPF Blog provides educators with two posts daily during the school year, including an engaging question of the day. Teachers rely on the daily Question of the Day as a great conversation starter and appreciate that it engages all students since it requires no prior knowledge. In addition, the blog provides a great way to note trends in personal finance, highlight high quality resources and share ideas from our teacher community. With the school year ended, we wanted to highlight the most popular posts from the past twelve months as well as older posts ("oldies but goodies") that garnered the most pageviews for the 2017-18 school year.
Top 2017-18 Posts
- What is Bitcoin and How Does Cryptocurrency Work? A Primer
- Why Are Soft Skills So Important in the Workplace?
- Simulation: How Does Online Banking Work?
- NGPF Featured Activity: Categorizing Credit
- Introducing NGPF Summer Institute 2018 Participants
- Entrepreneurship: Let's Pick a Side Hustle
- Steal of the Century: Equifax Hacked
- What's an NGPF FinCamp?
- The "I'm Glad I Have Renter's Insurance" Activity (courtesy of Brian Page)
- For Financial Success, What Is More Important: Habits or Goals?
Overall [Most Popular listed first]
- Looking for a Great Hands-On Budgeting Activity? [July 2015)
- One Strategy to Keep College Costs Low: Graduate in 4 Years [May 2017]
- Looking for Simulation: Here are Ten Your Students Will Love [November 2015 with Update)
- Activity Idea: How To Make Credit Scores Engaging [May 2015]
- Simulation: Living Paycheck to Paycheck [February 2016]
- How Can My Students Under Age of 18 Check Their Credit Reports? [May 2015]
- What Fraction of U.S. Millionaires are Professional Athletes? [April 2015]
- Challenge Your Seniors With This NGPF College Budget Activity [May 2015]
- What is the Average Credit Score for 18-24 Year Olds? [January 2015]
- Want to Set-Up A Student Run Coffee Shop? [January 2016]
5 Most Engaging Posts (based on average time spent on page; minimum of 150 pageviews)
- Question of the Day? Which cost has grown fastest over the last 20 years? a) Cellphone Service b) College Tuition c) Clothing
- Timing is Everything: What's the Impact of Graduating Into A Recession?
- What's the Implied Interest Rate on Rent-to-Own Merchandise?
- How Much Do Consumers Pay Annually In Credit Card Late Fees?
- Chart: What Percentage of Teens Have Summer Jobs?
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account