NGPF Podcast: CEO Ed Flack of Wize-Up on building financial and employability skills in the U.K.
How does a foreign exchange (ForEx) trader end up setting up a charity to teach personal finance in classrooms across the United Kingdom? Listen to this podcast with Ed Flack and learn what fuels his passion and why his work is even more important now than ever. You will also learn about the college financing scheme in the UK. Enjoy!
- 0:00~0:53 Introduction
- 0:53~ 3:21 Ed’s background and current job
- 3:21~4:52 What was it like to be a ForEx trader?
- 4:52~9:38 Entry into financial education
- 9:38~10:28 First day in the classroom
- 10:28~10:54 A word from NGPF
- 10:54~12:25 Deciding what topics to cover
- 12:25~16:13 What is paying for college like in the UK?
- 16:13~17:37 Expanding the program
- 17:37~20:21 State of financial education in the UK
- 20:21~24:54 Favorite lesson to teach
- 24:54~26:08 Conclusion
“I said [to the students] ‘don’t tell me you need to go out there and start working harder, just work a little bit for yourself.’ It just opens their eyes up a little bit to the possibilities out there.”