NGPF Podcast: Dan Otter and Scott Dauenhauer discuss launch of 403bWise.org
For almost two decades, no one has done more to support teachers in navigating the 403(b) minefield than Dan and Scott. They will share an exciting new announcement. Listen to Dan and Scott discuss the "new" 403bWise, how they plan to support teachers in the future and their best ideas on how to reform the system. Oh, and they will make you smarter about investing too. Be prepared to be inspired!
- 0:00~2:58 Introduction
- 2:58~7:29 Changes happening in personal finance education
- 7:29~9:50 What is a 403(b) plan?
- 9:50~13:12 What are indexed annuities?
- 13:12~17:38 Reflecting on the NGPF Summit
- 17:38~18:08 A word from NGPF
- 18:08~26:54 The future of 403(b) Wise
- 26:54~31:09 Ideas for making a documentary
- 31:09~37:59 What top-down reform looks like
- 37:59~40:36 The millionaire janitor
- 40:36~42:41 Where to find Scott and Dan
- 42:41~44:12 Conclusion
“I love being in front of the teachers. I want to do even more hands-on workshops to look at their choices and spend more time letting them do some investigations. I want to be the guide on the side and not the sage on the stage.” - Dan
“From a structural standpoint, we obviously want to identify the problem and how we solve it. But we really have to dig in as to how this issue came about and who are the interests behind it and what can we do to change those minds. We want to explore the issue from different perspectives and then bring those together.” - Scott