NGPF Podcast: Mary Rossi on creative approaches to financial empowerment
Mary Rossi brings an enthusiasm and passion to her role as Director of Financial Inclusion and U.S. Partnerships at the Global Thinking Foundation (GTF). Her financial empowerment workshops focus on students in fields such as acting, education, architecture, or social work. She also shares her plans to bring creative concepts that have worked in GTF's European offices to the United States. Enjoy!
- 0:00~1:13 Introduction
- 1:13~3:03 Role at Global Thinking USA
- 3:03~5:24 Experience growing up in the Cayman Islands
- 5:24~8:57 The start of Global Thinking
- 8:57~11:46 Offering financial empowerment workshops
- 11:46~16:05 Personal finance for artists and creatives
- 16:05~16:34 A word from NGPF
- 16:34~19:15 Entrepreneurship topics for GenZ
- 19:15~22:45 Incorporating art pieces to teach about money
- 22:45~28:48 Gender inequalities in personal finance
- 28:48~31:26 Materials to use in the classroom
- 31:26~33:31 Recommended books
- 33:31~34:48 Conclusion
"When I think about young people in entrepreneurship, it's about creating change for a better good and I think that is absolutely incredible."