Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (April 5-10)
We have a full slate of LIVE professional development opportunities this week for teachers!
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights, and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
- "I liked the facilitator modeling ways to teach virtually as well as suggestions from other motivated teachers!"
Teachers have been loving Tori’s session, The History of Women in Finance. Be sure to catch her session on Tuesday!
Virtual Professional Development LIVE!: a one-hour* hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration. Watch the video explainer here.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
- Brush Up On: Savings Accounts led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Beginner Series: Unit Planning with NGPF led by Mason at 3pm Pacific Time
- The History of Women in Finance led by Tori at 4pm Pacific Time
- Introduction to the Middle School Course led by Sonia at 1pm Pacific Time
- 5 in 50: Insurance led by Amanda at 2pm Pacific Time
- The Ethics of Shady Sam led by Mason at 3pm Pacific Time
- Bank On led by Brian at 2pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Predatory Lending led by Brian at 5pm Pacific Time
We also have some State Specific PD coming up this week (please sign up only if you teach in the state listed):
- Iowa: Teaching through NGPF Arcade Games on Thursday at 4pm Central Time
- Maine: FinCamp on Saturday at 9am Eastern Time
- Massachusetts: FinCamp on Saturday at 9am Eastern Time
- Mississippi: FinCamp on Saturday at 11:30am Central Time
- Oregon: FinCamp on Saturday at 9:30am Pacific Time
- Virginia: FinCamp on Saturday at 9am Eastern Time
- West Virginia: FinCamp on Saturday at 9am Eastern Time
- Wisconsin: FinCamp on Saturday at 8am Central Time
* - All of our VPDs are one-hour long except those that are marked as (1.5 Hours). Attendees of 1.5-hour sessions will receive 1.5 Academy credit
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account