Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (January 11-14)
Happy New Year! We have a full slate of LIVE! professional development opportunities this week for teachers!
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights, and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
- "I liked the facilitator modeling ways to teach virtually as well as suggestions from other motivated teachers!"
Did you know your school can qualify for a $10,000 Gold Standard Challenge grant by adopting a gold standard personal finance class? Learn more about how you can advocate to increase access to financial education in your school community by attending Christian's session, Advocacy: Playbook Deepdive, on Monday!
Virtual Professional Development LIVE!: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration. Watch the video explainer here.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
- Advocacy: Playbook Deepdive led by Christian at 2pm Pacific Time
- Creative Instruction: Money Memes led by Yanely at 3pm Pacific Time
- Introduction to the Middle School Course led by Christian at 4pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Target Date Funds led by Tim at 5pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Remotely: Taxes led by Christian at 1pm Pacific Time
- The History of Racism in Housing led by Tori at 2pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Digital Citizenship led by Sonia at 3pm Pacific Time
- Implementing NGPF's Nearpod Lessons led by Tori at 4pm Pacific Time
- Beginner Series: Navigating NGPF Website led by Yanely at 5pm Pacific Time
- Math Collection Skills: Order of Operations (Intermediate) led by Abby at 2pm Pacific Time
- Special Education Resource Share led by Brian 3pm Pacific Time
- Prep Hour: Personal Finance + English Language Learning led by Abby at 4pm Pacific Time
- Supplementing High School Curriculum with the Middle School Course led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Tips For Using NGPF & Canvas led by Amanda at 3pm Pacific Time
- NGPF Speaker Series: Scott Guild and Mike Holmes hosted by Brian at 4pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Current Events: FinCap Friday in the Classroom led by Yanely at 5pm Pacific Time
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account