May Virtual PDs: Credit and Investing Resources, Differentiating Instruction and Games
Here's what teachers tell us they value in our one-hour Virtual PDs:
- 'I ventured into areas of NGPF that I have not had time to do before. That was super valuable to me!!'
- "Fabulous ideas from other teachers on how to implement some of the resources that are available."
- "I love this format - this was my first but it will not be my last! What a great way to get some excellent PD!!!!!"
Attend one (or more) of our remaining VPDs this May and your name will be entered into a drawing for $50 Amazon gift cards.
- May 23rd at 3pm PT/ 6pm ET: Wrap Up the Year With: Credit Resources (Sonia)
- May 28th at 4pm PT/7pm ET: Games: How a Trio of NGPF Games Teaches Students How To Manage Credit (Tim)
- May 30th at 2pm PT/5pm ET: Differentiating: Students from Low-Income Families (Yanely)
- May 30th at 3pm PT/6pm ET: Wrap Up the Year With: Investing Resources (Sonia)
While you're visiting the Virtual PD page, be sure to check out our summer Virtual FinCamp offerings too.
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account