NGPF Flash Survey Results: What Personal Finance PD Do You Attend?
At NGPF we wanted to know: What does personal finance professional development look like in your school, district, or state? What PD do educators have access to? What are PD opportunities that educators are seeking? Thanks to over 400 educators who responded to this survey, which was one of our most popular in terms of response rates. Here is a quick summary of the results:
- Most educators WOULD LIKE to engage in PD a few times per year (52% of respondents), however...
- In reality about 33% did not attend a PD session in the last 12 months...
- Why not? Lack of awareness of PD opportunities was #1 reason (72% of respondents), with lack of budget #2 (37% of respondents)
- Top PD providers listed by respondents: NGPF, JumpStart, Federal Reserve, CEE and NEFE
- What makes for an effective PD session? Top 3 items:
- Resources presented that can be used in classroom
- Simulating the student experience
- Sharing best practices
Set a PD goal for yourself in 2018 by engaging in our full suite of professional development opportunities, including:
- Listen to one of our monthly webinars
- Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
- Attend an NGPF FinCamp
- Apply for the NGPF Summer Institute
- Attend a Jump$tart conference in your state
Here are the results:
*Note: Most popular item to this question is "Resources presented to you"
About the Author
After graduating with an education degree and spending 7 years in an elementary classroom, Laura made the switch to the non-profit world and loves interacting with students, educators and business professionals across the country. She is passionate about all students having access to high quality education and views personal finance education as one way to ‘level the playing field’. When Laura is not locating or creating high quality educational resources, you can find her mountain biking or searching for the best ramen in town!
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account