Question: What Data Is Being Collected About YOU?
Hat tip to Visual Capitalist which posted this MBA@UNC infographic (click the link to see the full infographic):
Questions for your students:
- Are you surprised about how much information is available about you?
- Which of these categories are you most comfortable sharing your information? Least comfortable?
- Pick two of these categories and brainstorm about ways that companies could use this information?
- How do you think this information is collected? What sources are they extracting this information from?
- How much would you pay per month to prevent a website (e.g., Google or Instagram) from tracking your internet activity?
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account