And The Winner of the NGPF Sweet 16 March Madness Bracket Challenge Is....
PAYBACK with a resounding 129-63 win over Spent. Thanks to the teachers (almost 500!) who participated in NGPF's Inaugural Sweet 16.
Before we get to the gift card winners, a gentle reminder that PAYBACK was just nominated for a Webby (best of the Internet) so you get another chance to vote for it here. Please share with your social networks too! We are currently #2 in the voting and you can help get us that coveted People's Voice Award!
Here are the five winners of a $100 gift card whose names were drawn from the 38% of teachers who selected PAYBACK as their fave back in March when the contest kicked-off:
- Anne Witick of Washington Academy (East Machias, Maine)
- David Givens of Hume-Fogg Academic High School (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Kyle Kuhlers of Union High School (La Porte City, Iowa)
- Schere Caufield of Banks High School (Banks, Oregon)
- Shawn Bean of Bloom Trail High School (Chicago Heights, IL)
Here are the 20 winners of a $25 gift card who were drawn from the entire group of educators who participated:
- Abbey Wesche of Bozeman High School (Bozeman, Montana)
- Abbi Lillard of Logan County High School (Russellville, Kentucky)
- Adam Yurgionas of Fayette County High School (Fayetteville, Georgia)
- Andrea Stemper of Palmer High School (Colorado Springs, Colorado)
- Carrie Harris of Stow-Munroe Falls High School (Stow, Ohio)
- Diane Mondoro of Bridgewater-Raritan High School (Bridgewater, New Jersey)
- Elizabeth Berger of Roxbury High School (Succasunna, New Jersey)
- Hannah Walker of Crest High School (Shelby, North Carolina)
- Janet Andrade of Bud Carson Middle School (Hawthorne, California)
- Jennifer Jordan of Madeira High School (Cincinnati, Ohio)
- Kayla Bousom of Johnston High School (Johnston, Iowa)
- Kylie Rhoades of Stevensville High School (Stevensville, Montana)
- Lauren Jackson of Morris Hills High School (Rockaway, New Jersey)
- Lexi Shafer of Johnston High School (Johnston, Iowa)
- Mary Doherty of John Champe High School (Aldie, Virginia)
- Monica Owens of LaPorte High School (LaPorte, Indiana)
- Nancy Shipley of Deer Lakes High School (Cheswick, Pennsylvania)
- Paul Johnson of Glenwood Community High School (Glenwood, Iowa)
- Sam Rogers of Riverton High School (Riverton, Utah)
- Tania Driskill of Bolivar Schools (Bolivar, Missouri)
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account