NGPF's March Madness Challenge: $1,000 in Prizes For Picking the Sweetest of the "Sweet Sixteen"
What do you get when you combine our love for college basketball with our nerdy obsession with bracketology and our passion for financial education?
It's March Madness season, and the Top 16 NGPF Resources are helping educators and students On Their Road to Financial Capability. But, which of these free resources is the BEST? Our amazing community of close to 10,000 educators will weigh in over the next two weeks to see which will be crowned the 2018 NGPF Resource of the Year.
Complete this Form before Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59PM PT to enter the competition! Only ONE entry per person!
What else do I need to know?
- Prizes available:
- Winner's drawing: Pick the eventual WINNER and you will be entered into a drawing where up to 5 names will be picked with each winning $100 gift cards.
- Participation trophy: Complete the form above and you will be entered into a drawing where 20 names will be picked with each winning $25 gift cards.
- Updates: Return to the NGPF Blog every morning for the next two weeks to vote your favorites for the match-ups that day. Just like the "real" March Madness, two NGPF resources will be paired up against each other using the Brackets (below). First two games will open for voting starting Wednesday, March 21st at 8am ET with voting closing each evening at 11:59 pm ET.
- Support Your Team: Build your cheering section through social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.). Tell them why you love the specific NGPF resource and sway some votes!
- Our interactive paying-for-college game, PAYBACK, is seeded #1 for a reason - it's been played by over 200,000 students who not only rave about it but also skip lunch because it's so compelling. It may have thrived in the incredibly competitive Interactive Division but on any given day... a fresh-legged up-and-comer can deliver a stunner and send PAYBACK back to the Interactive Library.
- Watch out for sleepers like #14 Seed Taxes Kahoot! A new entrant to the field, the Taxes Kahoot team competes in the Quiz Games Library division of the NGPF website, one of the youngest, scrappiest leagues in all of NGPF. Taxes Kahoot! enjoyed one of the best debuts of any NGPF product launch in history. This resource may be new - but classrooms playing the Taxes Kahoot! hit decibel levels higher than when Duke-UNC battle at Cameron Indoor.
See you at the dance!
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account