Having Trouble Explaining Bitcoin? Try These Cartoons!
- In your own words, what is bitcoin?
- Find a chart showing bitcoin prices over the past 12 months? When do you think investors thought bitcoin was "a sure thing?"
- Is bitcoin a physical currency, as the last cartoon indicates?
- Where is bitcoin accepted today? Have you been to a store that accepts it?
- Spend 5 minutes researching articles about "tulips and 1636." What does this have to do with bitcoin?
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account