QoD: How many of the 12 largest companies in 2000 were still one of the largest 12 in 2018?
- Exxon Mobil went from #2 to #11
- Wal-Mart Stores went from #6 to #12
- Microsoft went from #7 to #3
- Johnson & Johnson went from #11 to #9
- Compare the list in 2000 to 2018. Write one sentence that describes how the economy has changed in the past 18 years based on changes in the largest companies. Which industries have grown the most?
- How many of the top 12 companies on the list in 2018 are you familiar with?
- How has the value of the three companies that appear on both the 2000 and 2018 lists changed over the 18 year period?
- How do you think this list will change over the next 10 years?
Looking for more investing resources? Be sure to check out the Investing Unit Page for lessons, projects and other activities to engage your students.