Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (July 27-31)
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "I am absolutely inspired...I am more prepared to teach my students in the fall."
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
We have a full slate of professional development opportunities this week for teachers. Each will help you earn credit towards NGPF Academy.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
Virtual Professional Development: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration
- Special Education Resource Share led by Brian at 6am Pacific Time
- How Taxes Can Be Filed for Students for Free in Your Classroom led by Brian at 7am Pacific Time
- Job Paperwork and Paying Incoming Taxes led by Brian at 8am Pacific Time
- Teach Like a (Virtual) Champion: Part 2 led by Christian at 2pm and 3pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: The FAFSA led by Amanda at 6am Pacific Time
- Resources for Middle School Financial Education in Connecticut led by Abby at 6:30am Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Federal Student Loans & Repayment led by Amanda at 7:30am Pacific Time
Virtual FinCamps: a hands-on, engaging workshop where you collaborate with other educators to share teacher tips and implementation ideas
- Virtual FinCamp South Florida led by Yanely on Thursday at 5:30am Pacific Time
- Virtual FinCamp Summer 2020 led by Yanely on Friday at 7am Pacific Time
Webinars: a one-hour session led by NGPF team members
- The History of Racism in Finance led by Tori on Monday at 3pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Insurance led by Jessica on Thursday at 10am Pacific Time
Office Hours: a one-hour opportunity to ask NGPF team members any questions you may have
[Disclaimer: NGPF Office Hours do not count towards Academy Credit]
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account