Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (June 29-July 3)
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "I am absolutely inspired...I am more prepared to teach my students in the fall."
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
We have a full slate of professional development opportunities this week for teachers. Each will help you earn credit towards NGPF Academy. Teachers have now earned over 400 NGPF Certifications by developing their content knowledge in Banking and Budgeting, Credit and Investing. Keep an eye out for new NGPF Certification Courses announced on July 1st.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
Virtual Professional Development: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration
- Beginner Series: Customizing NGPF led by Yanely at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: 3 Lesser-Known Cards led by Jessica at 10am Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Homeowners and Renters Insurance led by Jessica at 11am Pacific Time
- Psychology of Online Learning Experiences led by Abby at 1pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Health Insurance led by Sonia at 3pm Pacific Time
- Career Connections Program Ideas led by Brian at 6am Pacific Time
- Teaching Students to Open Kiddie/Roth IRAs led by Brian 12pm Pacific Time
- Teaching Investing Remotely led by Christian at 1pm and 3pm Pacific Time
- Advocacy Series: Using the Interactive Map led by Christian at 2pm Pacific Time
- NEW! Bringing Current Events to the Personal Finance Classroom led by Tim at 7:30am Pacific Time
- Tech Tools: Quizziz led by Amanda at 9am Pacific Time
- NGPF + Google Classroom Helpdesk led by Amanda at 11:30am Pacific Time
Webinars: a one-hour session led by NGPF team members and master teachers
Office Hours: a one-hour opportunity to ask NGPF team members any questions you may have
[Disclaimer: NGPF Office Hours do not count towards Academy Credit]
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account