Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (March 29-April 1)
We have a full slate of LIVE professional development opportunities this week for teachers!
Here's what teachers are saying about our Virtual PDs:
- "Honestly, these sessions have all been amazing! I have used so much due to the PDs!"!
- "Each time I join the sessions, I come away with new knowledge, insights, and ideas on how to use this information with my students."
- "I liked the facilitator modeling ways to teach virtually as well as suggestions from other motivated teachers!"
I have two recommendations for this week! On Wednesday, Tim is hosting a session on Bitcoin. Attend the session to learn about the basics of Bitcoin and collaborate with educators on how to bring the investment concept to your students. On Thursday, Yanley will be talking to the director of the documentary $avvy during her Speaker Series Session. Yanely plays a leading role in this film which explores why it’s critical for women to understand and take control of their personal finances!
NGPF Virtual Professional Development LIVE!: a one-hour* hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration. Watch the video explainer here.
All times listed below are Pacific Time.
- The History of Racism in Housing led by Tori at 3pm Pacific Time
- Best Of: NGPF’s Mini-Units led by Tori at 5pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Predatory Lending led by Brian at 1pm Pacific Time
- Brush Up On: Health Insurance (Advanced) led by Brian at 2pm Pacific Time
- Build a Unit around the Arcade Game Money Magic led by Mason at 3pm Pacific Time
- Teaching About the Gender Pay Gap led by Yanely at 1pm Pacific Time
- 5 in 50: Investing led by Amanda at 2pm Pacific Time
- Make Insurance Engaging with Bummer! led by Mason at 3pm Pacific Time
- Basics of Bitcoin led by Tim at 3pm Pacific Time
- Behavioral Finance: Predictably Irrational led by Abby at 1pm Pacific Time
- Middle School Unit 3 Deep Dive: Budgeting led by Sonia at 2pm Pacific Time
- Math Collection Skills: Percents (Beginner) led by Abby at 3pm Pacific Time
- NGPF Speaker Series: Robin Hauser, Creator of the Savvy (Documentary) led by Yanely at 4pm Pacific Time
We also have some State Specific PD coming up this week (please sign up only if you teach in the state listed):
- Connecticut: Teaching through NGPF Arcade Games on Tuesday at 6pm Eastern Time
- Massachusetts: Teaching through NGPF Arcade Games on Tuesday at 5pm Eastern Time
- Florida: Teaching through NGPF Arcade Games on Tuesday at 4pm Eastern Time
* - All of our VPDs are one-hour long except those that are marked as (1.5 Hours). Attendees of 1.5-hour sessions will receive 1.5 NGPF Academy credit
About the Author
Ren has been working part-time at NGPF since 2014, interning through high school and college. With his knowledge growing alongside NGPF, after graduating from college in 2020, he joined the team to work full time with a focus on teacher onboarding. He is also the editor of the NGPF podcast and makes sure it is accessible to teachers on iTunes, Stitcher, and Google Play Music. During his free time, he likes to try out coffees from different roasters across the world and try out new brewing methods, even though personal finance gurus tend to caution against buying a cup of joe.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account