Collaborate with Educators At NGPF Professional Development This Week (July 15-19, 2019)
Here's what teachers are saying about our new Virtual PDs:
- "Keep it up. NGPF has been the most engaging PD I've attended in years."
- "I am absolutely inspired...I am more prepared to teach my students in the fall."
- "Great session! Loved it and will be back for more."
We have a full slate of professional development opportunities this week for teachers. Each will help you earn credit towards NGPF Academy. All times listed below are Pacific Time.
Virtual Professional Development: a one-hour hands-on workshop with multiple opportunities for teacher collaboration
- Teaching through: FinCap Fridays led by Yanely on Monday at noon Pacific Time
- Arcade Series: Invest with STAX led by Tim on Tuesday at 1pm Pacific Time
Virtual FinCamps: a hands-on, engaging workshop where you collaborate with other educators to share teacher tips and implementation ideas (Earn 5 credits for this 5 hour workshop)
- Insurance focus led by Abby on Wednesday from 8am - 1pm Pacific Time.
- Credit focus led by Laura on Thursday from 7am - 12 noon Pacific Time
- Careers focus led by Laura on Friday from 7am - 12 noon Pacific Time
Webinars: one hour session led by NGPF team members and master teachers
- NGPF Semester Course: Planning for Success: Tuesday at 1:30pm Pacific Time
- Getting Started With Google Classroom: Tuesday at 3pm Pacific Time
- Using Google Docs to Teach NGPF Content: Thursday at 3pm Pacific Time
About the Author
Tim's saving habits started at seven when a neighbor with a broken hip gave him a dog walking job. Her recovery, which took almost a year, resulted in Tim getting to know the bank tellers quite well (and accumulating a savings account balance of over $300!). His recent entrepreneurial adventures have included driving a shredding truck, analyzing executive compensation packages for Fortune 500 companies and helping families make better college financing decisions. After volunteering in 2010 to create and teach a personal finance program at Eastside College Prep in East Palo Alto, Tim saw firsthand the impact of an engaging and activity-based curriculum, which inspired him to start a new non-profit, Next Gen Personal Finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account