NGPF Application Tips For Summer Institute 2017!
We are excited to start the process for the Summer Institute 2017. Last year, we planned to invite SIX applicants for NGPF’s Inaugural Summer Institute. However, due to an incredible response of qualified candidates, we selected TWELVE! In that same spirit, we have even better news this year! Due to the success of last year’s Institute, we have decided to increase our investment and host TWO Summer Institute sessions – which means 24 outstanding educators will be joining us in Palo Alto this summer!
As you consider applying for this year’s Institute, we thought you might be interested in the characteristics of last year’s attendees. Our 12 participants represented 11 states and came from a variety of school types (public, charter, and private), settings (rural, suburban, and urban); and had different levels of teaching experience.
Here are some of the characteristics of last year’s attendees, which will remain consistent with this year’s selection process:
- Used NGPF resources in various ways in their classroom…some used it as their core curriculum while others used NGPF resources as a supplement to their existing curriculum
- Showed a commitment to improving their craft by participating in professional development offered by NGPF or other training organizations
- Taught a standalone personal finance course or dedicated a significant amount of time to their business, economics, CTE or family and consumer science course to personal finance topics
- Demonstrated a passion for teaching personal finance including a desire to improve and strengthen the community of educators
Here’s what you can expect from each of the Summer Institute 2017 Sessions:
- All expenses paid, including transportation, hotel accommodations, all meals, and a few fun events around town
- Meaningful, relevant workshops from NGPF staff as well as a special guest presenter
- An opportunity to network with eleven other passionate, dedicated, innovative personal finance teachers from around the country
- A school-year commitment of serving as an NGPF Fellow, sharing your expertise with our nationwide community
- A lot of hard work and a lot of fun!
Applications are now open. Deadline for submission is March 3, 2017.
[button link=”https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf2ik_4p2sYZDuASZJnZWiicx9hJIfSyIoeOVGmuu-xs9HOPA/viewform” color=”default” size=”” stretch=”” type=”” shape=”” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]Apply Today![/button]
[button link=”http://nextgenpersonalfinance.org/teacher-submitted-question-ngpf-fellow-entail/” color=”default” size=”” stretch=”” type=”” shape=”” target=”_blank” title=”” gradient_colors=”|” gradient_hover_colors=”|” accent_color=”” accent_hover_color=”” bevel_color=”” border_width=”1px” icon=”” icon_divider=”yes” icon_position=”left” modal=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ animation_offset=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]What does being an NGPF Fellow Entail?[/button]
About the Author
After graduating with an education degree and spending 7 years in an elementary classroom, Laura made the switch to the non-profit world and loves interacting with students, educators and business professionals across the country. She is passionate about all students having access to high quality education and views personal finance education as one way to ‘level the playing field’. When Laura is not locating or creating high quality educational resources, you can find her mountain biking or searching for the best ramen in town!
SEARCH FOR CONTENT
Subscribe to the blog
Get Question of the Day, FinCap Friday, and the latest updates from NGPF in your inbox by subscribing today:
MOST POPULAR POSTS