Applications Open: NGPF Summer Institute 2019!
We are excited to announce that applications for our Summer Institute 2019 are now open!
In previous years, we have hosted 2 Summer Institute sessions. Due to an increase in the number of FinCamp PLUS events we're hosting, in 2019, we'll be hosting just one Summer Institute between June 23 - 26, 2019.
Here’s what you can expect from the Summer Institute 2019 Session:
- An opportunity to network with eleven other passionate, dedicated, innovative personal finance teachers from around the country
- Meaningful, relevant workshops from NGPF staff as well as guest presenters
- A school-year commitment of serving as an NGPF Fellow, sharing your expertise with our nationwide community
- All expenses paid, including transportation, hotel accommodations, all meals, and a few fun events around town
- A lot of hard work and a lot of fun!
Who should apply?
We anticipate selecting teachers with a diverse set of experiences. For example, last year's Summer Institutes had participants across 2 sessions hailing from 18 states, who came from a variety of school types (public, charter, and private), settings (rural, suburban, and urban) and had different levels of teaching experience.
- Be current US high school personal finance teachers or teacher-educators
- Be able to travel to our Palo Alto, CA office where the Summer Institute will be held
- Participate in all sessions during the 3 day professional development, including a Welcome Dinner on Sunday, June 23
- Serve as an NGPF Fellow for the 2019-2020 school year
- Submit a completed application by Friday, March 1, 2019
Applications are now open. Deadline for submission is Friday, March 1, 2019.
About the Author
After graduating with an education degree and spending 7 years in an elementary classroom, Laura made the switch to the non-profit world and loves interacting with students, educators and business professionals across the country. She is passionate about all students having access to high quality education and views personal finance education as one way to ‘level the playing field’. When Laura is not locating or creating high quality educational resources, you can find her mountain biking or searching for the best ramen in town!
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account