Applications Open: NGPF Summer Institute 2019!
We are excited to announce that applications for our Summer Institute 2019 are now open!
In previous years, we have hosted 2 Summer Institute sessions. Due to an increase in the number of FinCamp PLUS events we're hosting, in 2019, we'll be hosting just one Summer Institute between June 23 - 26, 2019.
Here’s what you can expect from the Summer Institute 2019 Session:
- An opportunity to network with eleven other passionate, dedicated, innovative personal finance teachers from around the country
- Meaningful, relevant workshops from NGPF staff as well as guest presenters
- A school-year commitment of serving as an NGPF Fellow, sharing your expertise with our nationwide community
- All expenses paid, including transportation, hotel accommodations, all meals, and a few fun events around town
- A lot of hard work and a lot of fun!
Who should apply?
We anticipate selecting teachers with a diverse set of experiences. For example, last year's Summer Institutes had participants across 2 sessions hailing from 18 states, who came from a variety of school types (public, charter, and private), settings (rural, suburban, and urban) and had different levels of teaching experience.
- Be current US high school personal finance teachers or teacher-educators
- Be able to travel to our Palo Alto, CA office where the Summer Institute will be held
- Participate in all sessions during the 3 day professional development, including a Welcome Dinner on Sunday, June 23
- Serve as an NGPF Fellow for the 2019-2020 school year
- Submit a completed application by Friday, March 1, 2019
Applications are now open. Deadline for submission is Friday, March 1, 2019.