Question of the Day (Updated): What 3 jobs are projected to be the fastest growing over the next decade?
Answer (based on percentage growth in job category):
- Wind turbine service technicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Solar photovoltaic installers
Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Can you come up with any future trends or themes based on the jobs that are on this list (e.g. aging population will require more nurse practitioners)?
- Did any of the jobs appearing on this list surprise you?
- Which jobs on the list provide the highest salaries? What do you think are the educational qualifications required to get these jobs?
- Did this list of jobs impact how you think about your future career?
Looking for additional ideas to get your students talking about careers? Check out this interactive from the NGPF Interactive Library, "What jobs are likely to be done by a machine in the future?"
We have a ton more Questions of the Day here! You will never run out of bell ringers:)
About the Author
After graduating from UCLA with a Master's in Education, Mason spent 5 years as a science educator in a South Los Angeles public high school. He is committed to supporting the holistic growth of all students and empowering them to live a life of relational, academic, and financial success. Now settled in the Bay Area, Mason enjoys facilitating professional developments and partnering with educators as they prepare students for a bright financial future. When Mason is not building curriculum or planning a training, he can be found cycling, trying new foods, and exploring the outdoors.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account