Curriculum Announcements: Introducing Do More Learn More!
NGPF is happy to announce that all of our high school lessons are now complete with a Do More Learn More section: a selection of extension resources to help you customize your lessons and dig deeper on a topic of interest!
The Do More Learn More section can be found at the bottom of each lesson guide.
Do More Learn More is exactly what it sounds like! It’s a curated list of additional classroom activities and resources to learn from, all related to the lesson topic. This includes:
- Quizlets with the unit vocabulary
- NGPF activities
- Articles, videos, podcasts, infographics, and more!
We hope these additional resources enable you to further customize NGPF's lessons to fit the needs and interests of your students!
Do More Learn More and Culturally Responsive Teaching
You’ll see a number of resources with a “CRE and Equity” tag. CRE stands for “Culturally Relevant Education”, which is a pedagogical approach originally created by Gloria Ladson-Billings. Read more about CRE at NGPF here.
The goal of this tag is for teachers to be able to easily identify and use resources to build a culturally responsive and equity-focused classroom. Generally, these resources fall into three broad categories: learning more about a specific cultural practice or perspective, addressing how systems of oppression impact the lesson topic, or providing resources specific to a historically excluded group.
Check Out These Great Do More Learn More Resources!
Here are some of the great resources that you’ll find in the Do More Learn More section:
- DATA CRUNCH: How Did COVID Impact Credit Scores? by NGPF
- FINCAP FRIDAY: Smile More, Get Hired by NGPF
- INTERACTIVE: Income and Financial Stability in America by fiftythirtytwenty
- VIDEO SERIES: Business Soft Skills by Crash Course and Evelyn From The Internets
Looking for Women’s History Month resources? Check these out:
- ANALYZE: The Wage Gap by NGPF
- ARTICLE: Visualizing the Massive Gender Pay Gap Across U.S. Industries by howmuch.net
- VIDEO: What Is Imposter Syndrome and How Can You Combat It? by TED-Ed
- ARTICLE: Are You Aware of the Pink Tax? The Cost of Being Female by Clever Girl Finance
- QUESTION OF THE DAY: When were women first able to get credit cards without a co-signer? by NGPF