Top 10 Ways Teachers Plan to Use "The Most Important Class You Never Had" Documentary
We released The Most Important Class You Never Had today. It's a documentary that tells the story of 8 extraordinary teachers and how personal finance education empowers their students, their families and even the teachers themselves.
We hosted several screenings for teachers recently and this was their 'top 10" when it came to how they plan to use the documentary to support their program:
10. Show to admin to persuade them to add sections and increase access
9. Share with a state representative or legislator
8. Use the 90 second trailers (student and teacher) for back-to-school night/parent meetings
7. Put up on the school's website
6. Share the trailers (see above) on social media to reach parents and students in the midst of class selection
5. Show at freshmen parent orientation
4. Share with school board members
3. Use as first day of class kick-off to energize students AND/OR to fire up a student-led campaign
2. Use at a professional learning session and highlight cross-curricular opportunities
And now for #1 (and, yes, there is a contest involved!)
1. Host a screening bringing together all the stakeholders at my school
For those planning to host a screening, tweet a picture of the audience at your screening with the hashtag #MostImportantClass and you will be entered into a drawing. Ten schools will receive $1,000 grants to support their personal finance programs.