Podcasts in the Classroom: Current Events Edition
What do SUVs, TikTok, record stores and online shopping have in common?
They are all subjects of recent Marketplace podcast segments. Get students learning and talking about current events that are relevant to them in these 2-4 minute segments.
Each segment has a few discussion prompts to get the conversation going.
- Why are SUVs so popular?
- When considering a car purchase, would you consider environmental factors in your decision-making process
- What information does TikTok collect on users?
- Why are governments so concerned about TikTok?
- What would encourage you to shop at record stores?
- How do stores adjust their business when they have too much inventory (in this case, too many records)?
- How is this record store using students to improve his business?
For online shoppers, is too much variety a blessing or a curse? (2/21/23; 4:41)
- Do you think the variety of shopping options is a blessing or a curse? Explain.
- What has led to this proliferation of choice recently?
- Are there product categories where you like having so much choice?
Taking a cue from the last segment, I will stop there and not give you too much choice.
Want to learn from thought leaders, authors, creative educators? Tune into the NGPF podcast with over 350 guests to date!
Rumor has it that Yanely is working with the Marketplace team on a podcast for high schoolers...coming soon!