Question of the Day: Can you name ONE of the five most valuable NFL franchises?
Football season is upon us again! Let's kick off September with the highest-valued teams...
- Dallas Cowboys - $9.2B
- New York Giants - $7.04B
- Los Angeles Rams - $6.94B
- New England Patriots - $6.7B
- San Francisco 49ers - $6.15B
- What factors do you think drive the value of a sports franchise?
- Do you or your friends spend money to support your favorite teams? What types of things can you/do you purchase?
- One of the reasons that franchises are worth so much has to do with their latest TV/Cable/Streaming contracts.
- Raise your hand if you watched a sporting event in the last week.
- What sport was it and who was playing?
Behind the numbers (Sportico):
"The average NFL team is worth $5.14 billion—and the collective fair-market value of the league's 32 franchises is $165 billion. Sportico's interactive data visualization displays the elements that make up each franchise's value, including revenue data for multiple seasons."
Preparing for the new school year? Access an entire semester of lesson plans for your class.
To receive a Question of the Day in your email inbox, subscribe to the NGPF Blog.