QoD: Can you name ONE of the top 3 reasons students take a gap year after graduating from high school?
Answer (from Gap Year Association report):
- Gain life experience and personal growth
- Travel, see the world, experience other cultures
- Take a break from traditional academic track
- Would you ever consider taking a gap year after graduating high school? Why or why not?
- If you could take a year off after high school (“gap year”), what are some ideas on how you could use that time?
Click here for the ready-to-go slides for this Question of the Day that you can use in your classroom.
About the Author
After graduating with a statistics major at UC Davis, Abby set off to Massachusetts to teach algebra 1 and geometry and enjoyed working with the curious and creative minds of high school students. She is passionate about helping students recognize and develop their strengths and leadership skills. She was instrumental in taking the high school cheer team to regional competitions, as well as elevating school spirit and pride through creating unity amongst the study body and educators. Back in the Bay Area, Abby is excited to work with other educators to build and share content to enhance the teaching experience in applied math and finance.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account