Question of the Day: How long does the average user spend on TikTok a day?
Answer: Over 45 minutes a day! [21.5 hours a month!]
- How much time do you spend on TikTok? What do you like about it?
- Has TikTok ever impacted your financial knowledge or have your purchasing decisions been influenced? How?
- As the platform continues to grow, how are companies using TikTok to promote their products? Why is this important?
Behind the numbers (Sprout Social):
Takeaways based on TikTok demographics
- TikTok’s 100+ million monthly active users prove that the platform is here to stay (hint: don’t let anyone tell you TikTok is a trend).
- The platform’s user-base is absolutely dedicated, with the average user spending a staggering 21.5 hours per month in 2020 (compared to 12.8 hours in 2019).
- A younger user-base presents challenges in terms of ad-targeting, although that perhaps explains the boom of influencer marketing.
- Expect emerging ad features in 2021 (and beyond) as the network grows.
Want to teach your students more about Behavioral Finance? Check out the Mini-Unit page.
Lots more questions where this one came from... browse the Question of the Day library.
About the Author
After graduating from UCLA with a Master's in Education, Mason spent 5 years as a science educator in a South Los Angeles public high school. He is committed to supporting the holistic growth of all students and empowering them to live a life of relational, academic, and financial success. Now settled in the Bay Area, Mason enjoys facilitating professional developments and partnering with educators as they prepare students for a bright financial future. When Mason is not building curriculum or planning a training, he can be found cycling, trying new foods, and exploring the outdoors.
To get access to NGPF answer keys, assessments, and teacher-only resources: create a FREE Teacher Account