Question of the Day: How long does the average user spend on TikTok a day?
Answer: Over 45 minutes a day! [21.5 hours a month!]
- How much time do you spend on TikTok? What do you like about it?
- Has TikTok ever impacted your financial knowledge or have your purchasing decisions been influenced? How?
- As the platform continues to grow, how are companies using TikTok to promote their products? Why is this important?
Behind the numbers (Sprout Social):
Takeaways based on TikTok demographics
- TikTok’s 100+ million monthly active users prove that the platform is here to stay (hint: don’t let anyone tell you TikTok is a trend).
- The platform’s user-base is absolutely dedicated, with the average user spending a staggering 21.5 hours per month in 2020 (compared to 12.8 hours in 2019).
- A younger user-base presents challenges in terms of ad-targeting, although that perhaps explains the boom of influencer marketing.
- Expect emerging ad features in 2021 (and beyond) as the network grows.
Want to teach your students more about Behavioral Economics? Check out the Behavioral Econ Unit page.
Lots more questions where this one came from... browse the Question of the Day library.