To recognize personal finance educators during Financial Literacy Month, Next Gen Personal Finance is pleased to announce the 2nd Annual NGPF Teacher Innovator Awards.
Here are the details:
- Who is eligible?
- Personal finance educators at high school or college level
- What are the prizes?
- A $1,000 cash prize will be awarded to three teachers with the most innovative activity/project submitted (for a total of $3,000)
- What criteria will be used to judge the Activity/Project?
- Teaches the underlying concept
- Incorporates meaningful skills (e.g., analysis, collaboration, written/verbal communication, research, media literacy)
- Shows high degree of creativity
- Ready to use in the classroom
- Engages students
- What are we looking for?
- An activity or project that you have created for your students
- What do I need to include with my submission?
- A PDF of the activity/project that you have created
- A short description of the key personal finance concept taught by the activity/project
- A paragraph describing the reasons that you really love this project
- Are there limits to how many resources/activities that I can submit?
- Teachers may submit up to 2 activities/projects for consideration but can only win ONE $1,000 cash prize
- When is the deadline?
- All submissions are due by April 19th
- Winners will be announced on April 28th
- Who should I send my submission to:
- Send all submissions to email@example.com with the subject line “NGPF Teacher Innovator Contest”
- How will the submissions be shared with the community of personal finance educators?
- NGPF will feature the innovator teachers and their submissions on the NGPF Blog, Twitter and our Facebook page
- In addition, winners will be featured in the May NGPF newsletter