Happy Teacher Appreciation Week 2022!
Teachers, you are real life superheroes who deserve more thanks, praise, admiration, respect, and appreciation than the entire WORLD can give you. But at NGPF, we'll certainly try! We've seen what you bring to your students, schools, communities, states, and country, and we want to say THANK YOU this Teacher Appreciation Week 2022. Check out the fun pump up video just for you, plus Donors Choose Giveaways. UPDATE: after over 1,500 entries to the drawing, we're giving away FIFTY Donors Choose Credits worth $100 each. Here are your winners!
Happy teacher appreciation week!
(Update Friday, May 6) 50 Donors Choose Giveaway Winners:
Out of over 1,570 submissions to the drawing, we decided to boost the number of giveaways from ten to fifty. We then conducted a random number generator ("=RAND" Function in Google Sheets) for each submission to select 50 lucky winners as fairly as technology would allow. Each winning teacher will receive a $100 Donors Choose credit they can use for their own classroom project or pay it forward to another teacher's project. Congratulations are in order to:
- Alina Bricker, Rosemary Anderson High School Lents (Portland, OR)
- Amy Hahn, Prairie River Middle School (Merrill, WI)
- April Warby, Murray High School (Murray, UT)
- Becky Frisbie, Hutchinson High School (Hutchinson, KS)
- Brigitte Morse, Lake Region Middle School (Naples, ME)
- Carrie Harris, Kent City Schools - Stanton Middle School (Kent, OH)
- Chris Daniels, Rogers New Technology High School (Rogers, AR)
- Chris Sharp, Beverly Manor (Washington, IL)
- Dana Little, Janitell Junior High (Fountain, CO)
- Dany'l Van Someren, Pleasant Grove High School (Elk Grove, CA)
- David Buerger, Gray Middle School (Union, KY)
- Dr. Carrie Turner-Gray, Johnson High School (San Antonio, TX)
- Elisabeth March, Berthoud High School (Berthoud, CO)
- Freda Adoghama, Hamilton HIgh School (Milwaukee, WI)
- Gail Ann Dorsey, HCESC Learning Center at North Norwood (Cincinnati, OH)
- James Kinney, Hurley Ranch Elementary (Tolleson, AZ)
- Jessica Liddle, Pickaway-Ross Career & Technology Center (Chillicothe, OH)
- Josh Bessert, Freeport High School (Freeport, IL)
- Karma Yantzie, Shickley Public School (Shickley, NE)
- Katy Walls, Calloway County High School (Murray, KY)
- Khammay Escoto , Daniel Intermediate (Duncanville, TX)
- Kim A. Cheeseboro, Spring Hill High School (Chapin, SC)
- Kris Beaver, Waupun Area JR/SR High School (Waupun, WI)
- Lindsay Miller, Winfield High School (Winfield, KS)
- Marcy Decker, California City High School (California City, CA)
- Mary Miller, USD 397 Centre K-12 School (Lost Springs, KS)
- Maureen Neuner, Pinelands Regional High School (Little Egg Harbor, NJ)
- Meghan Arnold, Madison Early College High School (Marshall, NC)
- Melanie D. Ali, Osbourn Park High School (Manassas, VA)
- Michele Delibert, El Nido High School (Watsonville, CA)
- Mrs. Alyssa Fuller, Horseheads Intermediate School (Horseheads, NY)
- Natasha Biln, Hercules High School (Hercules, CA)
- Norman Rich, Miriam Academy (Saint Louis, MO)
- Philip Asaro, P811X - The Academy for Career and Living Skills (Bronx, NY)
- Philip Said, Indian Hill High School (Cincinnati, OH)
- Rachel Bohrer, Hillsboro High School (Hillsboro, OH)
- Rob Nichols, Walton High School (Marietta, GA)
- Robert K Klemm, Boca Raton Community High School (Boca Raton, FL)
- Semisha McSwine, Noble Charter- Baker College Prep (Chicago, IL)
- Seth Dressman, St. Henry District High School (Erlanger, KY)
- Shalonda Profit, Benjamin Banneker Academy for Community Development (Brooklyn, NY)
- Sonya Olevson, SW Metro Intermediate district 288 (Chaska, MN)
- Stephanie Gibbons, William Davies Middle School (Mays Landing, NJ)
- Susan Takesian, Timberlane High School (Plaistow, NH)
- Tamra Yeager, Scio Central School (Scio, NY)
- Taylor Whitters, Taunton High School (Taunton, MA )
- Traquel Dayley, Utah Online School (St.George, UT)
- Trisha Swift, Centennial BOCES High School (Greeley, CO)
- Vera Combs, Academy of Aerospace and Engineering (Windsor, CT)
- Whitney Stamm, Mason County Middle School (Maysville, KY)
Crank up the volume with NGPF's Teacher Appreciation Week Video!
Then, pump up your Classroom Projects with our $1,000 DonorsChoose Giveaway!
We're giving away ten (10) DonorsChoose credits in the amount of $100 each to ten teachers throughout the U.S. who can use the Credits to fund exciting classroom projects and supplies!
- Enter the giveaway here (it takes 15-20 seconds).
- Winners announced on Friday, May 6th!
Want to share the celebration? Examples of teachers' heroics are absolutely everywhere:
- You are effectively spreading the word about the importance of personal finance education in your community and beyond. Check out this this NBC4 Story (video here, transcript here) about Prince George's County Public Schools' new personal finance guarantee, including interviews with engaging educator Nikki Guy-Dixon and veteran teacher and district financial literacy coordinator Susan Bistransin!
- You are using your well-earned influence to stand up for young people you will likely never meet. Read this impassioned OpEd from rockstar educator (and NGPF Fellow!) James Redelsheimer calling for every student in Minnesota to be guaranteed a personal finance course, not just the lucky few.
- Your work is creating ripple effects throughout this country. In large part due to your advocacy, your testimony, and your daily impact on your students' lives, state policy conversations are changing. You are expanding access to life-changing financial education by leaps and bounds.