CURRICULUM ANNOUNCEMENTS: Pacing Updates for Smoother Lesson Planning
We always strive to keep our content fresh and engaging, like the recently launched Buying a House mini-unit. But, we're also committed to ensuring that our most popular content is user-friendly and tailored to your needs.
Back in February, we conducted a survey to gather your feedback on the courses you use and the challenges you face when using NGPF's courses. From your valuable input, we discovered that one of the major issues you encounter is pacing – finding the best way to fit all of NGPF's resources into your school's schedule.
To help you tackle this challenge, we're thrilled to announce the following enhancements:
- We're adding estimated resource times to every resource in all Semester Course and mini-unit lessons, as well as every activity in the Semester Course and mini-units
Starting next week, keep an eye out for these updates to Semester Course lesson guides that will feature new resource times:
These resource times represent the average number of minutes a student needs to engage with the resource and answer the associated questions. It does not account for any instructions, transitions, discussions or other admin tasks surrounding the resource. You know your students best. You may need to adjust these times accordingly.
- We will be publishing a sample pacing guide to help you design your own pacing calendar for NGPF's courses
Here's the estimated completion schedule for these improvements:
- Semester Course Learn It Resources – by the end of April
- Mini Unit Learn It Resources – by mid-May
- Activities – by the end of May
- Sample Pacing Guide – Early June
We're confident that these changes will greatly enhance your NGPF experience and help you better serve your students. Stay tuned for more updates, and as always, thank you for your dedication to education!