Updated Semester Course and NEW Trimester Course
NGPF is ringing in the start of the school year with an updated Semester Course and a new Trimester Course! We’ve incorporated feedback from 800+ teachers to make it easier than ever before to compare, choose, and customize the right course for you!
Updated Semester Course
Here are the improvements we’ve made to our flagship course:
- A shortened Unit 1 on Behavioral Economics to hook your students before diving into the rest of the course
- A brand new Unit 7 on Career including 5 lessons and a summative unit test
- Updated Nearpod decks
- Updated Diagnostic and Final Exams
NEW Trimester Course
Spanning 12 weeks, this course is a great fit for educators looking to cover personal finance concepts within a shorter time frame.
- The Trimester Course uses 41 of the Semester Course’s 68 lessons and omits the other 27. We then added 7 lessons unique to the Trimester Course, creating a total of 48 lessons, to guarantee that there are no content gaps.
- Nearpod decks are available for each lesson
- The course features new unit tests, a Diagnostic Exam, and a Final Exam
PRO TIP: We’ve retired our 9-Week Course, but you can use the Trimester Course in its place by trimming content to fit your time frame! You can access the retired 9-Week Course through the end of December 2023 in the Retired Resources spreadsheet, found in your NGPF Teacher Account Page. Please note that NGPF will no longer be maintaining the 9-Week Course, so use with discretion.
- The Semester Course and Trimester Course pages have a new, streamlined look!
- Highly requested feature: The new course pages show you exactly which NGPF activities are embedded in which unit of the course
- The Checking and Savings units are now combined into one cohesive Banking Unit
- Lesson Guides now include approximate times for resources and activities to make pacing and customizing lessons easier
What’s Coming Up Next?
The Full-Year Course will be getting an update later in the fall. It will include all of the Semester Course plus additional lessons to dive deeper into the content. Stay tuned for more updates via the NGPF blog!
Explore the Updates in a Virtual PD
Join us in our live Virtual PD, Exploring the New Trimester Course & Updated Semester Course, where we will explore these updates in more detail!
For additional support, check out the Beginner Series On-Demand PD modules that you can complete at your own pace. You'll learn how to better navigate the NGPF website and use the curriculum.
We hope you enjoy using the curriculum this school year! Let us know if you have any questions or feedback!