NGPF Podcast: Bill Butler is teaching kids about money through his Kachinga app
Bill Butler is a man on a mission. In this NGPF podcast, you will hear from a seasoned business executive who's using his talents to improve the financial capability of the next generation. His company, Kachinga, is an allowance, chore and savings app that teaches kids about money. Learn about the features of the app and Bill's plan for the future which includes incorporating more financial education. Enjoy!
- 0:00~0:48 Introduction
- 0:48~3:36 Journey to the position of CEO at Kachinga
- 3:36~5:46 Experience working at Experian
- 5:46~6:38 Biggest misconception about credit
- 6:38~9:24 Early money lessons
- 9:24~13:06 Deciding to join Kachinga and the company’s mission
- 13:06~15:13 Kachinga app’s features
- 15:13~17:53 Impact of the app
- 17:53~21:07 Educational resources available on Kachinga
- 21:07~21:35 A word from NGPF
- 21:35~22:39 The “parent match” feature
- 22:39~23:47 How Kachinga makes money
- 23:47~26:47 A week in the life of a CEO
- 26:47~29:05 Working on customer acquisition
- 29:05~32:21 Interactive learning opportunities
- 32:21~33:22 Conclusion
“We are definitely focused on financial literacy as the outcome. You can see some of the tools that we have built in the app already… When I look at other products on the market, they just track goals. What we are adding is data insights that can reinforce the learning.”
Your students can be app reviewers in this NGPF Activity: Online Tools and Apps.
Want to bring podcasts into the classroom? Check out this new product, Podcasts in the Classroom!