NGPF Podcast: Mike Sheffer from the FoolProof Foundation
What’s the best grade to teach personal finance in? How did FoolProof become one of the leading online personal finance curricula? Learn more in this week’s podcast!
Mike Sheffer, Director of Education at the FoolProof Foundation, joins us on the NGPF Podcast to talk about his journey to getting into personal finance education. Mike shares with us FoolProof’s origin story and how it’s evolved over the years. Enjoy!
- 0:00~0:58 Introduction
- 0:58~4:22 Mike’s background
- 4:22~8:54 First job experience
- 8:54~20:17 The FoolProof story
- 20:17~24:50 Entrepreunerial journey and growth of FoolProof
- 24:50~31:54 What does a FoolProof lesson look like?
- 31:54~36:37 Best grade to teach personal finance in
- 36:37~40:38 Current state of personal finance education
- 40:38~46:53 Addressing the issues with gambling
- 46:53~47:45 Concluision
- “[In regards to advocating for increased access to personal finance education,] I've been rolling a boulder uphill for a long time, and now its turned to snow and now and its a snowball rolling downhill fast, there isn't anybody that's not talking about it, there isn't anybody that doesn't want to make sure they are talking to t