NGPF Podcast: Yanely Espinal provides a behind the scenes look at FinCap Friday
What's the most popular FinCap Friday episode? How many people help Yanely produce this weekly resource? What are her plans for Year 5 of FinCap Friday? Answers to these questions and more in this NGPF podcast!
With Season 5 of FinCap Friday now underway, it only seemed appropriate to check in with Yanely to learn more about what it takes to produce this popular NGPF resource.
For those unaware, FinCap Friday brings current events alive for your students every week during the school year. With more than 120 episodes and approaching 3 million student engagements, it's safe to say Yanely's quizzes + explainer videos have become a weekly ritual in classrooms across the country.
In this podcast, Yanely shares why she is so passionate about financial education, the inspiration behind FinCap Friday and what you can look forward to in the upcoming season. Enjoy!
- 0:00~2:06 Introduction
- 2:06~3:52 Yanely joining the NGPF team
- 3:52~8:44 Source of passion for personal finance
- 8:44~11:21 First day at NGPF
- 11:21~14:14 The start of FinCap Friday
- 14:14~18:22 Thought process behind the format of FCF
- 18:22~22:28 Keeping the FCFs current
- 22:28~28:10 Finding current topics to create FCFs on
- 28:10~28:29 A word from NGPF
- 28:29~33:25 Favorite FCFs
- 33:25~40:18 Most popular FCFs
- 40:18~44:27 Implementation strategies
- 44:27~46:15 What’s new this year?
- 46:15~49:48 Questions from the live chat
- 49:48~51:26 Conclusion
“All those years I went through kindergarten to 12th grade, college… how is it possible I’m so educated but I know nothing about how money works, how debt works, how borrowing works? So I kind of felt a little frustrated and I felt like learning all of this will be my way of getting payback.”